Okay, kind of niche question here - but this is for someone who knows details about Facebook Community Standards policies for 'spam' or 'fraud'.
I have 3 facebook groups;
- Louis Vuitton Under $200 Worldwide Buy, Sell & Chat (56,000 members)
- Luxury Brand Obsessed: Live Sales, Giveaways and Chat! (10,500 members)
- VIP Vuitton; Buy, Sell & Chat. (7,500 members)
Facebook has now deleted our #1 group; deleted a backup group we made, and then now is targeting our #2 group.
I have no idea why! After many ignored facebook support messages; we got a message from a support staff member asking us to appeal the group. However we still have no idea why it was deleted in the first place.
I have racked my brains; and considered the following possible interpretations that might be thought of as spam:
- Buy/Sell group. --> Some members, instead of posting in the Buy/Sell format, they post as a discussion, and post pictures in comments. Could this artifically keep bumping the posts and cause facebook the call this spam?
- We have live sales in our groups. We only EVER had one in the large group; and when asked to delete violating content, we deleted all videos or links in the group. The group was still deleted. - Could live sales be interpreted as spam?
- We have been recently advertising our sister groups in the larger group. Posting up "blah blah blah is happening in +++ group! Drop on by! [link] -> Could facebook call this spam?
- We did do some giveaway competitions/charity raffles. One raffle was for a dog shelter (100% proceeds going to the shelter) - while we have done giveaways saying 'join our new group and you will be in the running' kind of thing. We have NOT done that for a very long time, but perhaps is someone reported our group, a facebook bot picked it up? We have since deleted all those videos, however upon the review of the large group - facebook deleted the group anyway.
None of this really makes any sense, but I would like to ask if an expert knows if this similar thing has ever happened before for a facebook group owner? If we knew what was wrong, we would take steps to comply to facebook Standards, but we have been doing this for around 3 years without any troubles.